Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus the high costs and low ethics of campaign finance, but they have generally overlooked the cost of actually administering elections, which includes facilities, transport, printing, staffing, and technology.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus
Analyses of campaign expenditures by the media has been focus on
In analyzing campaign expenditures, the media have focused on
Media analyses of campaign expenditures have had as a focus
In their analysis of campaign expenditures, the media has been focusing on
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: SVA
A) The media is considered plural in this sentence. We know this because the pronoun “they” is used. Hence the verb “has” is inappropriate.
B) Changes the sense of the sentence. The sentence tends to say “Analyses has been the focus”
C) Correct Answer
D) Same as B.
E) Same as A.
- Printwell’s Ink Jet Division manufactures ink-jet printers and the ink cartridges they use..
- The town of Enderton is located in an area where forest fires are quite common. During dry periods and periods of persistent winds…
- Unlike the short flights of the shuttle and earlier spacecraft, which carried sufficient power in fuel cells and…
- FastMart, a convenience store chain, is planning to add pancake syrup to the items it sells..
- Although the restaurant company has recently added many new restaurants across the country and its sales…