Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus the high costs and low ethics of campaign finance, but they have generally overlooked the cost of actually administering elections, which includes facilities, transport, printing, staffing, and technology.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus
Analyses of campaign expenditures by the media has been focus on
In analyzing campaign expenditures, the media have focused on
Media analyses of campaign expenditures have had as a focus
In their analysis of campaign expenditures, the media has been focusing on
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: SVA
A) The media is considered plural in this sentence. We know this because the pronoun “they” is used. Hence the verb “has” is inappropriate.
B) Changes the sense of the sentence. The sentence tends to say “Analyses has been the focus”
C) Correct Answer
D) Same as B.
E) Same as A.
- Electronic computer chips made of tiny silicon wafers now regularly contain millions of electronic…
- Turning away from literary realism to write romantic stories about the peasant life and landscape…
- The town of Enderton is located in an area where forest fires are quite common. During dry periods and periods of persistent winds…
- The fact of some fraternal twins resembling each other greatly and others looking quite dissimilar highlights an interesting and often…
- According to a widely held economic hypothesis, imposing strict environmental regulations reduces…