Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus the high costs and low ethics of campaign finance, but they have generally overlooked the cost of actually administering elections, which includes facilities, transport, printing, staffing, and technology.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus
Analyses of campaign expenditures by the media has been focus on
In analyzing campaign expenditures, the media have focused on
Media analyses of campaign expenditures have had as a focus
In their analysis of campaign expenditures, the media has been focusing on
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: SVA
A) The media is considered plural in this sentence. We know this because the pronoun “they” is used. Hence the verb “has” is inappropriate.
B) Changes the sense of the sentence. The sentence tends to say “Analyses has been the focus”
C) Correct Answer
D) Same as B.
E) Same as A.
- The first commercially successful drama to depict Black family life sympathetically and the first play by a Black woman to be…
- A medieval manuscript called L contains all eighteen extant tragedies by the Greek playwright Euripides. Of these, ten called the…
- The violent crime rate (number of violent crimes per 1,000 residents) in Meadowbrook is 60 percent higher now than it was four years ago….
- The prairie vole, a small North American grassland rodent, breeds year-round, and a group of…
- Three large companies and seven small companies currently manufacture a product with potential military applications..