Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus the high costs and low ethics of campaign finance, but they have generally overlooked the cost of actually administering elections, which includes facilities, transport, printing, staffing, and technology.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus
Analyses of campaign expenditures by the media has been focus on
In analyzing campaign expenditures, the media have focused on
Media analyses of campaign expenditures have had as a focus
In their analysis of campaign expenditures, the media has been focusing on
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: SVA
A) The media is considered plural in this sentence. We know this because the pronoun “they” is used. Hence the verb “has” is inappropriate.
B) Changes the sense of the sentence. The sentence tends to say “Analyses has been the focus”
C) Correct Answer
D) Same as B.
E) Same as A.
- FastMart, a convenience store chain, is planning to add pancake syrup to the items it sells..
- The violent crime rate (number of violent crimes per 1,000 residents) in Meadowbrook is 60 percent higher now than it was four years ago….
- Printwell’s Ink Jet Division manufactures ink-jet printers and the ink cartridges they use..
- For the past several years, a certain technology has been widely used to transmit data among…
- Although the restaurant company has recently added many new restaurants across the country and its sales…