Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus the high costs and low ethics of campaign finance, but they have generally overlooked the cost of actually administering elections, which includes facilities, transport, printing, staffing, and technology.
Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus
Analyses of campaign expenditures by the media has been focus on
In analyzing campaign expenditures, the media have focused on
Media analyses of campaign expenditures have had as a focus
In their analysis of campaign expenditures, the media has been focusing on
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: SVA
A) The media is considered plural in this sentence. We know this because the pronoun “they” is used. Hence the verb “has” is inappropriate.
B) Changes the sense of the sentence. The sentence tends to say “Analyses has been the focus”
C) Correct Answer
D) Same as B.
E) Same as A.
- Some scientists contend that many species of dinosaur had a metabolism more like a warm-blooded…
- People with a certain eye disorder are virtually unable to see in moderately bright light, which seems to them unbearably intense since..
- Aroca County’s public schools are supported primarily by taxes on the property. The county…
- Since February, the Federal Reserve has raised its short-term interest rate target five times, and because of the economy’s…
- Mel: The official salary for judges has always been too low to attract the best Candidates to the job. The legislature’s move to raise…