Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
When drive-ins were at the height of their popularity in the late 1950’s, some 4,000 existed in the United States, but today there are less than one-quarter that many.
there are less than one-quarter that many
there are fewer than one-quarter as many
there are fewer than one-quarter of that amount
the number is less than one-quarter the amount
it is less than one-quarter of that amount
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Comparisons, Modifiers
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “less” – The same cannot be used with “one-quarter”
B) Correct answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “fewer” with “amount”
D) Same as A.
E) Same as A.
- A New York City ordinance of 1897 regulated the use of bicycles, mandated a maximum speed…
- Today’s technology allows manufacturers to make small cars more fuel-efficient now than at any time…
- Three large companies and seven small companies currently manufacture a product with potential military applications..
- Unlike the short flights of the shuttle and earlier spacecraft, which carried sufficient power in fuel cells and…
- From 1980 to 1989, total consumption of fish in the country of Jurania increased by 4.5 percent, and total consumption of poultry products there increased by 9.0 percent..