Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
When drive-ins were at the height of their popularity in the late 1950’s, some 4,000 existed in the United States, but today there are less than one-quarter that many.
there are less than one-quarter that many
there are fewer than one-quarter as many
there are fewer than one-quarter of that amount
the number is less than one-quarter the amount
it is less than one-quarter of that amount
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Comparisons, Modifiers
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “less” – The same cannot be used with “one-quarter”
B) Correct answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “fewer” with “amount”
D) Same as A.
E) Same as A.
- Studying the fruit fly, a household nuisance but a time-honored experimental subject, has enabled…
- Giuseppe Alessi, a world-class chef whose life has been a search for the genuine and the delicious in Florentine…
- The Earth’s rivers constantly carry dissolved salts into its oceans. Clearly, therefore, by taking…
- For the first time in the modern era, non-Hispanic Whites are officially a minority in California…
- Healthy lungs produce a natural antibiotic that protects them from infection by routinely killing harmful bacteria on airway surfaces..