Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
When drive-ins were at the height of their popularity in the late 1950’s, some 4,000 existed in the United States, but today there are less than one-quarter that many.
there are less than one-quarter that many
there are fewer than one-quarter as many
there are fewer than one-quarter of that amount
the number is less than one-quarter the amount
it is less than one-quarter of that amount
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Comparisons, Modifiers
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “less” – The same cannot be used with “one-quarter”
B) Correct answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “fewer” with “amount”
D) Same as A.
E) Same as A.
- Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create farmland…
- Scholars who once thought Native American literatures were solely oral narratives recorded…
- The OLEX Petroleum Company has recently determined that it could cut its refining costs by closing its Grenville refinery and….
- The fact of some fraternal twins resembling each other greatly and others looking quite dissimilar highlights an interesting and often…
- Unearthed in China, fossils of feathered dinosaurs offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered…