Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
When drive-ins were at the height of their popularity in the late 1950’s, some 4,000 existed in the United States, but today there are less than one-quarter that many.
there are less than one-quarter that many
there are fewer than one-quarter as many
there are fewer than one-quarter of that amount
the number is less than one-quarter the amount
it is less than one-quarter of that amount
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Comparisons, Modifiers
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “less” – The same cannot be used with “one-quarter”
B) Correct answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “fewer” with “amount”
D) Same as A.
E) Same as A.
- Agricultural societies cannot exist without staple crops. Several food plants, such as kola and okra..
- Since February, the Federal Reserve has raised its short-term interest rate target five times, and because of the economy’s…
- In Hungary, as in much of Eastern Europe, an overwhelming proportion of women work, many of which…
- Kernland imposes a high tariff on the export of unprocessed cashew nuts in…
- Fossils of a whale that beached on an African shore more than a million years ago and…