Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
For the last five years the Dutch economy has grown faster than Britain, France, or Germany, with the unemployment rate having remained well below that of the other three countries.
Britain, France, or Germany, with the unemployment rate having remained
have those of Britain, France, or Germany, and the unemployment rate remaining
have Britain, France, and Germany, and the unemployment rate has remained
the economy of Britain, France, and Germany, with the unemployment rate that has remained
the economies of Britain, France, and Germany, and the unemployment rate has remained
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Comparison
A) Incorrect comparison; Dutch economy vs Britain.
B) Incorrect usage of the pronoun “those” – Doesn’t agree with antecedent “economy”
C) Incorrect comparison; Dutch economy vs. Some action of Britain.
D) We would prefer the word “economies” because there are three countries.
E) Correct Answer
- The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the purple-flowered bee plant, what they now commonly call wild spinach…
- Printwell’s Ink Jet Division manufactures ink-jet printers and the ink cartridges they use..
- Two centuries ago, Tufe Peninsula became separated from the mainland, isolating on the newly formed Tufe Island a population of Turfil sunflowers..
- The OLEX Petroleum Company has recently determined that it could cut its refining costs by closing its Grenville refinery and….
- There are no legal limits, as there are for cod and haddock, on the size of monkfish that can…