Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The total market value of real estate in Altonville has steadily declined over the past four years. This decline has meant that the overall figure on which the city’s property tax is based—the assessed value of that real estate—has also declined. Moreover, the percentage of assessed value that was paid as property taxes to the city did not change during this period.
The information above most strongly supports which of the following?
Money collected from property taxes provided most of Altonville’s revenue during the past four years.
The percentage of Altonville’s overall revenue that was collected from property taxes did not change over the past four years.
Altonville officials had proposed raising property tax rates during the past four years but never did so because of strong opposition from property owners.
The total amount of revenue that Altonville has collected from property taxes has declined over the past four years.
During the past four years, Altonville officials also did not increase tax rates on other sources of revenue such as retail sales or business profits.
Option D is the correct answer.
Question type: Inference based
Summary of the argument: Since this is an inference question, we need to jump to the options and find out one that is 100% true.
A) We don’t have information to support the money collected.
B) No information to support this option.
C) We don’t have information to support the raise.
D) Correct Answer
E) No information about other sources of revenue.
- The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the purple-flowered bee plant, what they now commonly call wild spinach…
- After more than four decades of research and development, a new type of jet engine is being tested that…
- From 1980 to 1989, total consumption of fish in the country of Jurania increased by 4.5 percent, and total consumption of poultry products there increased by 9.0 percent..
- The OLEX Petroleum Company has recently determined that it could cut its refining costs by closing its Grenville refinery and….
- According to a survey of graduating medical students conducted by the Association of American…