Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
According to public health officials, in 1998 Massachusetts became the first state in which more babies were born to women over the age of thirty than under it.
than they were
than there had been
than had been born
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Comparisons, Tenses, Pronouns.
A) Correct Answer
B) The word “born” in the option seems to refer to babies. We should be comparing women.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “they” as it has no clear antecedent.
D) Inappropriate usage of the past perfect tense; “had been”
E) Same as D.
- Editorial in Krenlandian Newspaper: Krenland’s steelmakers are losing domestic sales because of lower-priced imports..
- In archaeology, there must be a balance between explanation of the value and workings of archaeology…
- For the farmer who takes care to keep them cool, providing them with high-energy feed, and milking…
- After more than four decades of research and development, a new type of jet engine is being tested that…
- In Teruvia, the quantity of rice produced per year is currently just large enough to satisfy domestic demand..