Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
According to public health officials, in 1998 Massachusetts became the first state in which more babies were born to women over the age of thirty than under it.
than they were
than there had been
than had been born
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Comparisons, Tenses, Pronouns.
A) Correct Answer
B) The word “born” in the option seems to refer to babies. We should be comparing women.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “they” as it has no clear antecedent.
D) Inappropriate usage of the past perfect tense; “had been”
E) Same as D.
- That twenty-one ceramic dog figurines were discovered during the excavating of a 1,000- year-old…
- Whales originated in the freshwater lakes and rivers of ancient Asia about sixty million years ago…
- A new machine for harvesting corn will allow rows to be planted only fifteen inches apart…
- People with a certain eye disorder are virtually unable to see in moderately bright light, which seems to them unbearably intense since..
- For the first time in the modern era, non-Hispanic Whites are officially a minority in California…