Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A certain farmer pays $30 per acre per month to rent farmland. How much does the farmer pay per month to rent a rectangular plot of farmland that is 360 feet by 605 feet? (43560 square feet = 1 acre)
Option E is the right answer.
Given, 43,560 square feet = 1 acre.
So, Total Area rented(in acres) = 360*650/43650 = 5 acres
Hence, he pays 5 * 30= $150 per month
So, the correct answer is E.
- A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for…
- If x is a nonzero number, which of the three numbers x, 1/x and x^2 is greatest?
- On May 1 of last year, Jasmin invested x dollars in a new account at an interest rate of 6 percent per…
- If a, b, x and y are positive integers, is a^(-x) > b^(-y) ?
- A certain group of car dealerships agreed to donate x dollars to a Red Cross Chapter for each car…